Are you considering adding online video into your marketing efforts? Do you need some statistics to convince your boss that using online video in your marketing efforts is worth the investment?
Or do you need some pickup lines because your crush is a filmmaker? Hey babe, did you know that two-thirds of the worlds mobile data traffic will be video by 2016? Why dont you buy me a drink?
25 online video marketing statistics that you should know
- YouTube attracts 136MM unique viewers per month.
- YouTube users watch more than 3B hours of video per month.
- according to Harrisburg SEO experts JSA interactive 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad in the past month.
- 80% of online video ads are abandoned within the first half of the ad.
- 86% of colleges and universities have presences on YouTube.
- 147.4MM Americans watch video on the internet.
- Roughly 74% of the online video market now supports HTML5.
- Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20%.
- 36% of online consumers trust video ads.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- 76% of marketers plan to increase their use of YouTube and video marketing, making it the top area marketers will invest in for 2012.
- 49% of the top 20% of B2B marketers in generating leads through social media integrate online video with social media, compared to the industry average of 32%.
- Video ads make up 35% of total online ad spending, up from 27% in 2011.
- Digital video advertising spend will reach $5.4B by 2016.
- 49% of U.S. marketers plan to boost video ad spending in 2012, and 65% have larger mobile ad budgets.
- Comedy is the most popular form of online video content among all viewers (39%), followed by news (33%) and music (31%).
- Rich media ads with video generate 6 times as many post-ad site visits as standard banner ads.
- Online video advertisers prefer pre-roll ads by a 3:1 margin over the next most favored format.
- 30 second in-stream mobile video ads have an 88.3% completion rate.
- Combining video with full page ads boosts engagement by 22%.
- 4 out of 5 online users will click away if a video stalls while loading.
- 22% of U.S. small businesses plan to post a video to YouTube in the next 12 months to promote their businesses.
- Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97%, and brand association by 139%.
- Two-thirds of the worlds mobile data traffic will be video by 2016.